Saturday, August 28, 2010

Poems

Someone called today and requested I write a poem for a friend.  She asked if I was still in the "poem writing business."  After four years in the real estate rat race I wasn't sure I still had it in me.  I have written very few poems in the last four years.

I wrote the poem this morning.  I had forgotten how each poem soothes and comforts me!  Perhaps it is only an illusion that they are ever written for someone else.

I am grateful for the opportunity to remember the poet within. 

1 comment:

  1. I think you write for the poet within you and the poet with all others who read your poems. I have been grateful for your poems that have passed through my hands to my children long ago. They still speak.

    ReplyDelete

My hope is that each blog entry serve as a conversation starter...please feel free to join in!