Friday, September 10, 2010

Dependable and Reliable

One of the things that brings a genuine smile to my face is allowing my dog, Tunia, off her leash.  I love to see her sprint forward, running free.  There aren't many places that I feel are safe to set her free, but when I can, I let her go, and I vicariously enjoy the experience of freedom.

This last month I feel I've been let off my leash.  It has taken a while to fully realize that I am  no longer tethered.  I'm taking a break from the tether of "dependable and reliable."  How many Craiglist ads have I placed looking for employees who are "dependable and reliable?"   It takes one to know one.

When I choose my next employment (self or "for hire") I will voluntarily attach that leash once again.  But, for now Tunia and I are running free.

Today, at 10:00 am I will sit in my own home, knitting, watching Obama's press conference in real time.  On a FRIDAY, in the MIDDLE OF THE DAY!

1 comment:

  1. I love that you're doing this. We are on opposite tracks just now. Me returning to full time work after 4 years of retirement and you off the leash.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete

My hope is that each blog entry serve as a conversation starter...please feel free to join in!