Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Bullet Points 11-1-11


Redefining the notion of “home” is both exciting and terrifying.  


Missed communication between two well-meaning people is painful beyond words.


I’m realizing how annoying platitudes are and how refreshing truth is, even painful truth.  Amazed at how often I spout platitudes to myself!


I am forgetting what I used to know, or perhaps knowledge is letting go of me. 


I’m not ready.


We can be perfectly sane and still believe the most appalling things. Amazing.


You would think that wisdom would ease the way.  More often wisdom says,  “here we go again.”


I am hoping the realization that I will not achieve sainthood in this lifetime will eventually come as a relief.


We just returned from attending a wedding between our wonderful American nephew and his Indian bride, who wore a gorgeous white sari.  Many of her relatives were wearing stunning saris as well.  I think if I wore a gorgeous silk sari for just one day, my outlook on life might improve.


Here is what is true for me today:  Life is unpredictable, unplannable, surprising, and delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My hope is that each blog entry serve as a conversation starter...please feel free to join in!